Wednesday, 2 March 2011
Wednesday, 9 February 2011
South East Asian Network of Ergonomics Societies (SEANES2011)
venue: Main Campus of Universiti Malaysia Perlis
date: 5 & 6 December 2011
abstract submission: 1 August 2011
ICAP 2014 Paris - 28th International Congress of Applied Psychology
Friday, 21 January 2011
MUAR: The High Court here awarded a couple and their 10-year-old son a total of RM870,000 due to medical negligence by two hospitals and the Government during the child’s birth.
The couple Zainab Sam, 45, husband ex-army Sjn Rosli Mohd Amin, 53, and son Ahmad Alif Iqmal Rosli were present when Judicial Commissioner Datuk Ummi Kalthum Abdul Majid passed the decision on Friday.
PETALING JAYA: Thefts are not just occurring in the streets but also in hospital wards, giving rise to an urgent need to protect the sick and the infirm from thieves.
Security guard William Francis, 48, who was admitted to a private hospital for a diabetic ulcer wound, said he was given some medication which caused him to be drowsy and fall asleep.
“When I woke up, I overheard a patient complaining to a nurse that he had lost RM400. I then looked at my side table and noticed my mobile phone had also gone missing,” he said.
Tuesday, 18 January 2011
Thursday, 25 November 2010
Thursday, 18 November 2010
- Abd Hamid, H., and Waterson, P. 2010. Using goal directed task analysis to identify situation awareness requirements of advanced paramedics. In V.G. Duffy (ed.). Advances in Human Factors and Ergonomics in Healthcare. CRC Press, p 672–680
- Abd Hamid, H., and Waterson, P. 2010. Towards an integrated sociotechnical framework for situation awarenss and decision-making among emergency practitioners. In M
. (ed.). Contemporary Ergonomcis and Human Factors. p 372-380. Anderson
- Harris Shah Abd Hamid, Waterson, P, & Hignett, S. (2009). Situation awareness to support decision-making process among emergency care practitioners. Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Naturalistic Decision Making, 23 – 26 June, 323-330.
- Harris Shah Abd Hamid. (2007). Extended Situational Awareness and Resilience In Healthcare System. 4th International Postgraduate Research Colloquium. 19-21 June 2007,
. Bangkok, Thailand
- Wan Rafaei Abdul Rahman, Mariam Adawiah Dzulfikli, Harris Shah Abdul Hamid, Wan Shahrazad Wan Sulaiman (Eds.) (2007). The third International Research Colloquium: Research in Malaysia and Thailand. International Islamic University:
. Kuala Lumpur
- Harris Shah Abd Hamid. (2006). Personality and religiosity among Muslims in
Sabah. Presentation at The 3rd International Postgraduate Research Colloquium. 2006. . Kuala Lumpur
- Chua Bee Seok, Harris Shah Abd Hamid, & Beddu Salam Baco. (2005). Tekanan kerja, kecerdasan emosi, dan masalah kesihatan mental di kalangan jururawat. Journal of Psychology and Human Development, 21, 25-51.
- Chua Bee Seok, Beddu Salam Baco, & Harris Shah Abd Hamid. (2005). Emotional Competence Inventory: reliability and validity of the Malay version. Paper presented at the PROMS and ISME 2005, 21 – 24 June 2005,
. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Chua Bee Seok, Beddu Salam Baco, & Harris Shah Abd Hamid. (2005). Stres kerja, kecerdasan emosi, dan masalah kesihatan: satu kajian di kalangan jururawat. Presentation at Persidangan Psikologi
Malaysia, 1 – 2 August, 2005, Kota . Kinabalu, Malaysia
- Lua Pei Lin, Getrude Cosmas, Nurul Hudani Mad Nawi, Md Shuaib Che Din, & Chua Bee Seok, Beddu Salam Baco, & Harris Shah Abd Hamid. (2005). Kecerdasan emosi dan penghargaan kendiri di kalangan sukarelawan di
Kinabalu. Paper presented at the Second Seminar on Socio-economic and Information Technology, 20 – 21 August 2005, Kota . Kuala Perlis, Malaysia
- Harris Shah Abd Hamid & Jumina Kimin. (2004). An exploratory study on emotional intelligence: a comparison between university students and student leaders. Jurnal Kinabalu, 10, 35-48.
- Harris Shah Abd Hamid. (2004). Rekabentuk berasaskan psikologi untuk kecapaian (Psychology-based design for accessibility). Buletin Psikologi, 8. UMS:
- Harris Shah bin Abd Hamid, Lua Pei Lin, & Md. Shuaib Che Din. (2004) Effective management of volunteers: the role of emotional intelligence, self-esteem and religiosity. Paper presented at the 2nd Seminar on Human Capital Management, 7-8 October 2004, Kota Kinabalu.
- Harris Shah Abd Hamid & Jumina Kimin. (2004). Emotional intelligence and leadership: a comparison of university students and student leaders in
. Paper presented at the International Conference on Student Development, 16-18 April 2004, Sabah, Malaysia . Kuala Lumpur
- Harris Shah Abd Hamid, Yong Kin Tuck & Chua Bee Seok. (2003). Computer phobia among students in three streams of study in a public university in
Sabah. Proceedings of the SEAMEC 2003, 19-22 May 2003, Kuching, Sarawak. UNIMAS: Sarawak.
- Harris Shah bin Abd Hamid. (2002).Identifying the cost and quality of writing meeting minutes among staff at a public university in Sabah. Proceedings of National Ergonomic Conference 2002. 3rd Malaysian Malaysian Ergonomics Conference, 12-13 June 2002, Johor Bharu. UTM: Johor Bharu.
- Harris Shah bin Abd Hamid. (2002) Leadership: Research, Skills and Practice (book review). Jurnal Kinabalu, 7 & 8.
- Abdul Halim Othman, Agnis Sombuling, Adi Fahrudin, & Harris Shah Abd Hamid. (Eds.) (2000). Koleksi Kertas Kerja Psikologi Masyarakat Malaysia Semasa III (Collection of Writings on Contemporary Psychology of Malaysian Society). UMS: Kota Kinabalu.
- Abdul Halim Othman, Rosnah Ismail, & Harris Shah Abd Hamid (Eds.) (1999). Proceedings of Conference on Cultural Diversity Issues In Counselling. UMS: Kota Kinabalu.
- Harris Shah bin Abd Hamid. (1999). Psychology and eugenics: A regrettable alliance. in Abdul Halim Othman, Rosnah Ismail, Mohd Dahlan A Malek, Harris Shah Abd Hamid (Eds.). Koleksi Kertas Kerja Psikologi Masyarakat Malaysia Semasa. (Collection of Writings on Contemporary Psychology of Malaysian Society) UMS: Kota Kinabalu.